Friday, February 15, 2008

{ Cupcakes Galore }

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days of the whole year and this year was by far the best of the 27 I have had! There are several reasons for this... first being that I was married this past Fall so it was our first Valentine's Day as husband & wife! The second reason it was so special is that it was the first Valentine's Day for my new neice...
Berkley Elizabeth Stiles...
I HAD to make her a special cupcake for her Valentine's Day debut!!!

I decided to make cupcakes for all of our friends, family, and my in-laws hard working employees. I decided to make traditional Vanilla cupcakes as well as my hubby and father-in-law's favorite kind...Red Velvet. All cupcakes had Cream Cheese icing, which I dyed hot pink. Always wanting to mix things up; I decided to pass on the traditional hearts and decorate them with white polka dots instead! I got white cake boxes from a local craft store and decorated both sides { you guessed it... with polka dots! }with a red marker. I finished each off with a wide, red grosgrain ribbon bow...

I was very happy with the final outcome... and hope that everyone that received one was too! This is why I love Valentine's Day... for me the day is all about romance and chivalry. So I like to create something special for the people in my life to show them how much I love and appreciate them.

Sedberry {my hubby} took charge and planned a romantic out of town date! We are headed to Southern Pines in the morning to spend the night at the Jefferson Inn. This is the Inn we rented out for ourselves, our parents and the wedding party over our wedding weekend. This is where my Bridesmaid Lucheon & our Rehearsal Dinner were held... Most importantly, this is where we spent our wedding night and woke up as a married couple! I am so excited about our overnight date and am so proud of Sedberry for planning such a perfect Valentine's Day celebration!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and that you felt appreciated and loved whether you had a Valentine or not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that St. Valentine was a middle-age martyr who raped women and pilaged the poor? Do you condone such behavior?