Tuesday, February 26, 2008

{Tips for Organizing Magazine Clippings}

I found some great stuff last weekend while going through the stack of Home Magazines and Catalogs from the past couple of months. I like to do this once a month , it helps me come up with new colors and patterns to use on my designs.

This is how I organize the materials... When I find something inspirational I tear out the page and set it to the side. I assign separate piles that coordinate with the tabbed sections in my 3 Ring Notebook. Once I have looked through all of the Magazines and Catalogs I take the pages in separate piles and cute them down to the Item or Section that I found inspirational. I like to put a small post-it on the page to list what I liked about it. Next I use a 3 hole punch and add the sheets to their designated section in my notebook. This really comes in handy when I have a new order for a client or want to do something for my own home... all I have to do is simply browse through my notebook to get ideas.

{Suggestion: After looking through Catalogs I throw them away, but I always keep Home Magazine's that I subscribe to. This way you can always go back to get ideas as your styles change. I have subscriptions for Domino, Blueprint, Real Simple, and North Carolina Gardener}

Here was my favorite find...

This image was from a Pottery Barn Kids Catalog. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stripes on the walls! I really like the way they are carried onto the ceiling... It makes the ceiling look vaulted! I am definitely going to try this in my Master Bath... I will update to post pictures of the outcome!

...PS... What a great vanity! The easy pull out step incorporated into the bottom really looks great...better than a step stool!

No comments: